BASIL & ITS USES
Scientific Name - Ocimum basilicum
Common Name – Sweet basil, Thai basil, Lemon basil and Holy basil.
Grown originally in Asia and the Middle East countries. Basil is a common herb and one of the most loved herbs as well! Basil has the ability to add a nice Italian food. There are some amazing health benefits of basil. It has a strong clove scent because of its high concentration of the chemical agent eugenol.
Characteristics – It’s a terrestrial habitat, the leaves are simple and Leaf arrangement-opposite.
Here are few benefits to cultivate and consume Basil in our daily life’s- What is it used for?
- It is mainly used as a condimental and favouring agent for food.
- Basil leaves are used orally for stomach problems such as spasms, loss of appetite, intestinal gas, diarrhea and constipation.
- Fresh basil is usually used in cooking and healing treatments.
- Medicinal it is as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- It is used as a never tonic.
- Basil leaves are used to treat fever, common cold, cough and sore throat.
- Basil is used in treating kidney stones.
- Basil is used as a preventive and curative for insect bites.